RIMA-I Offering PDF Versions Of Recently Concluded I-RIM Conference Presentations
Lenexa, KS – The 2018 International Reflective Insulation Manufacturers (I-RIM) Conference was held May 9-10 in Puntarenas Costa Rica, hosting guests from around the globe. For those who may have wanted to attend but couldn't, RIMA-I is offering PDF-format versions of the event presentations for purchase.
Attendees at this year's conference represented the US, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Australia, Malaysia, Costa Rica, Argentina and Chile. RIMA-I President Doug Kinninger, International Conference Chairman Sergio Luconi and RIMA-I Executive Director Mary Edmondson hosted the event, presented in both English and Spanish.
In addition to presentations from all of the countries participating, attendees at the two-day educational conference heard from two featured speakers. Wednesday's featured speaker was Dr. William (Bill) Miller from Oak Ridge National Laboratory who presented a "Demonstration of Near Zero Energy Homes". Thursday's featured speaker was Dr. Jan Kosny from Faunhofer Institute who gave a "Numerical and Experimental Analysis of Thermal Performance of Residential Attics Containing Aerogel-based Radiant Barrier Systems".
Other presentations included:
· Innovations in the Manufacture of Reflective Films - Veronica Ataya
· Building Performance Software - Impact of Attic Radiant Barriers - Bill Lippy
· ASHRAE 90.1 Update - Monty Millspaugh
· RIMA-I Product Verification Evolution - Doug Kinninger
· Fundamentals and Techniques of Measuring Water Vapor Transmission - Michael Joyce
· The Power of the Marketplace - Steve Baden and Laurel Elam, RESNET
· Reflectives and the International Code Council (ICC) - Wes Hall
· Next Generation Reflective Insulation Facing Films - Ralph Dale
· Radiant Energy Management & the Versatility of IRCCs - Lynn Walters
· Regional Updates: Latin America - Sergio Luconi; Europe - Guy Delcroix; North America and Australia - Mike Boulding; SE Asia - Kah Wei Yam
· Latin America Building with Reflective Insulation Performance and Improvements After RIS - Pablo Sobrado
· About RIMA-I and the Advanced Building Code Coalition (ABCC) - Bobby Byrd
· New Digital Experiences - Mario Vargas
· Does the Presence of a Radiant Barrier Increase the Chance of a Lightning Strike? - Brian St. Germain
· Regulations in Latin America for Reflective Insulation - Pablo Sobrado
· SAP Business One - Juan Bautista
Presentations will be available for purchase in PDF format for $25/presentation or $200 for the full set. Interested persons may contact RIMA-I at email@example.com for details or to place an order.
Sponsors for the event were Celplast Metallized Products, JX Nippon ANCI, Inc., ECHOTape, Thermal-Economics and the Advanced Building Code Coalition.
The next international conference will be held in 2020 (dates/location to be determined). For more information on the 2018 I-RIM Conference including photos of the event, session descriptions, speaker bios and information on how to purchase copies of the presentations, visit https://www.rimainternational.org/i-rim-conference/2018-i-rim-conference-costa-rica/.
RIMA-I represents reflective insulation, radiant barrier and interior radiation control coating (IRCC) manufacturers and other companies that are active within the industry. RIMA-I exists to educate the marketplace on the benefits of reflective technologies and to represent member's interests in establishing ASTM standards for testing and installation procedures. For more information, visit www.rimainternational.org.