PPG Announces 12 Certified Applicator Program Group Members For 2015
Applicators Certified To Use Duranar® Metal Coatings Or Durethane® Wood Coatings
Pittsburgh, PA - PPG Industries’ (NYSE: PPG) building products coatings group announces that 12 companies have been accredited as members of the PPG CAP Certified Applicator Program® (PPG/CAP) group for 2015.
Eleven members are certified to apply high-performance Duranar® fluoropolymer coatings to aluminum exterior architectural components such as curtain walls, window frames and railings. The twelfth member is the first company certified by PPG to apply Durethane® wood coatings to hardwood floors. The PPG/CAP group members for 2015 include the following:
• Architectural Window (www.architecturalwindow.com), Rutherford, New Jersey, is a manufacturer of commercial and institutional aluminum windows for new construction and renovation projects.
• Astro Shapes (www.astroshapes.com), Struthers, Ohio, manufactures custom-finished aluminum extrusions for the commercial/residential building and construction markets.
• Durapaint Industries Ltd. (www.durapaint.net), Scarborough, Ontario, Canada, has been supplying coated products for buildings around the world since 1987.
• Kawneer Co. Inc. (www.kawneer.com) is a manufacturer of architectural aluminum building products with locations in Arkansas, California, Canada and Pennsylvania.
• Keymark Corp. (www.keymarkcorp.com) has facilities in Lakeland, Florida, and Fonda, New York, and was one of the first extruders in the North American market to become a member of the PPG/CAP group.
• Sapa Extrusions Americas (www.sapagroup.com) supplies extruded aluminum products from locations in Canada, Florida, Georgia, Oregon and South Dakota.
• Somerset Hardwood Flooring (www.somersetfloors.com), Somerset, Kentucky, manufactures flooring from Appalachian hardwood and is the first wood-coating member of the PPG/CAP group.
• Spectrum Metal Finishing Inc. (www.spectrummetal.com), Youngstown, Ohio, manufactures coated panels for the commercial building market.
• Trojan Architectural Coaters (www.trojanpowder.com), Pompano Beach, Florida, a new PPG/CAP group member, works in architectural detailing and large-format coating projects.
• Tecnoglass S.A. (www.tecnoglass.com), Barranquilla, Colombia, is a glass manufacturer that serves Colombia, Panama and the United States.
• Windsor Metal Finishing Inc. (www.1stchoicewindsor.com), Kissimmee, Florida, supplies a wide range of fabricated metal specialties such as aluminum balcony railings and roofing panels.
• YKK AP America Inc. (www.ykkap.com), Austell, Georgia, manufactures aluminum entrances, storefronts, curtain walls and more for commercial and institutional construction.
Brian Knapp, PPG director, coil and building products coatings, said members of the PPG/CAP group have been trusted by architects for decades. “These organizations represent the upper echelon of our industry, not only for their association with PPG but also because of their ability to meet architects’ uncompromising demands for color and performance quality, on-time delivery, and technical expertise,” he said. “They are more than just product suppliers; they add value to every job.”
To qualify for PPG/CAP group membership, applicators undergo a thorough audit encompassing all aspects of the coating process, from cleaning and pretreating surfaces to applying the coating. The audit specifies paint application parameters and cure schedules, as well as how finished products are handled, packed and shipped.
Working with a PPG-certified applicator helps ensure enhanced color harmony among coated aluminum architectural components on a building. PPG/CAP group guidelines establish protocols to minimize color variance across coated aluminum building components, such as:
• a global database of colors that are stored numerically;
• a uniform, systems-oriented approach to matching colors and making paint; and
• PPG’s color and coatings knowledge, experience and resources, especially regarding metallic color production.
To learn more about Duranar coatings, Durethane coatings and the PPG CAP Certified Applicator Program group, visit www.ppgideascapes.com or call 1-888-PPG-IDEA.
Durethane is a registered trademark of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.
PPG offers coatings used on metal construction products. For more information, visit www.ppgmetalcoatings.com .