Mule-Hide Introduces Silicone Roof Coating System
Beloit, WI – A new Silicone Roof Coating System from Mule-Hide Products Co. Inc. is intended to extend the life of aging roofs, ensuring that they continue delivering watertight, energy efficient performance while significantly delaying the day when tear-offs – with the associated cost, landfill waste and disruption to building occupants – are needed.
The system can be used to restore and repair asphalt, modified bitumen, metal, concrete, TPO, PVC and EPDM roofing systems. It includes:
• Si Cleaner to prepare the substrate for priming;
• Two primers to improve adhesion of the top coat – Si 2-Part Epoxy Primer for use on built-up, modified bitumen, EPDM, PVC, metal, concrete, and aluminum-coated roofs and in areas subject to ponding water; and Si TPO Primer for use on TPO membranes;
• 100% Silicone Sealant – A multi-purpose sealant for use, in conjunction with Tietex™ reinforcement roofing fabric, in completing repair and maintenance tasks;
• Three top coats – 100% Silicone Roof Coating (available in white and gray), 100% Silicone Masonry Wall Coating (available in white and gray) and 100% Silicone Skylight Coating (available in clear);
• Si Cleaning Solvent to wash tools and equipment.
“Extending the life of a roof is money in the bank for the building owner, and is the sustainable choice,” said Kate Baumann, director of marketing and procurement for Mule-Hide Products. ”Every year, roof tear-offs add millions of tons of roofing materials to landfills. The Silicone Roof Coating System helps contractors and building owners reduce that waste while enhancing the building’s energy efficiency and providing years of durable, low-maintenance, seamless protection.”
Silicone’s low water absorption provides superior resistance to ponding water. The Silicone Roof Coating System outperforms both conventional solvent and solvent-free protective roof coatings.
A quick cure time makes same-day recoating possible, helping contractors complete jobs fast.
All products are solvent-free and comply with volatile organic compound (VOC) regulations throughout North America.
White top coats meet Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC) cool roof requirements, helping building owners reduce energy consumption and costs by reflecting solar energy, reducing temperatures inside the building and improving the efficiency of rooftop air-conditioning units.
The fully adhered system protects the roofing system from damage caused by ultraviolet radiation, reduces thermal shock and seals water entry points.
About Mule-Hide Products
Mule-Hide provides products for the low-slope roofing market, including recoating products for aged metal roofs. For more information, visit www.mulehide.com.