Contestants Needed For 2016 METALCON MCA Metal Roofing Championship Games
| || |
The deadline to sign up a team for the 2016 METALCON MCA Roofing Championship Games is September 30. If interested in signing up, contact Mark James by sending an email to email@example.com.
Chicago, IL - Contestants are encouraged to register for the 2016 METALCON MCA Roofing Championship Games, which will be held during METALCON, October 26 and 27 in Baltimore, MD.
As previously announced by the Metal Construction Association (MCA) Metal Roofing Championship Games (MRCG) Task Force, the event schedule for this year in Baltimore features five challenges as part of the “Battle Stars Over Baltimore” theme, in recognition of the birthplace of the Star Spangled Banner.
Each day, 5 teams with 2 contestants each will compete for a minimum $400 cash award in each of the challenges, for a total of $2,000 each day. The Task Force has actively solicited Award Sponsors from the MCA membership. The Award Sponsors are: AKZO Nobel, ATAS International, Atlas Bolt & Screw, The Bradbury Co. Inc., Chicago Metal Supply & Fabrication Inc., DesignBuildwithMetal.com, Englert Inc., Modern Trade Publications, NovaFlex/Novagard Solutions Inc., Petersen Aluminum, SFS Intec and Valspar. Each challenge’s cash award amount will be finalized at a later date.
The Challenges with each of their sponsoring MCA Members are:
1. The Triangle Fastener Corporation’s “Screw Gun Challenge”, where contestants will install a series of self-drilling fasteners into a structural zee-shaped purlin member. Fastest time and properly seated fasteners will determine the winning team.
2. The Roof Hugger Inc. “Hug A Roof Challenge”, where contestants will install 40 lineal feet of factory-notched zee-shaped sub-purlins on a mock-up existing ribbed metal roof paneled frame. Fastest time, properly seated fasteners and sub-purlin alignment will determine the winning team.
3. The New Tech Machinery & Drexel Metal’s “Standing Seam Challenge”, where contestants will install 6 each 16-inch wide metal roof panels over the factory-notched sub-purlins. Fastest time and properly seated panel seams will determine the winning team.
4. The D.I. Roof Seamers “Seam It Up Challenge”, where contestants will operate a standing seam roof seamer over the 16-inch wide metal roof panel seams. Fastest time and properly seamed panels will determine the winning team.
5. The S-5! “Let it Snow Challenge”, where contestants will install S-5! ColorGard® snow retention onto the 16-inch metal roof panels. Fastest time, properly seated fasteners and ColorGard® alignment will determine the winning team.
Judging will be provided by the Metal Building Contractors and Erectors Association (MBCEA).
Several Contestant Teams have signed up to compete, but there is still room for more. Ten teams are needed total - 5 each day. The deadline to sign up a Team is September 30, 2016. If interested in signing up, contact Mark James by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Established in 1991, METALCON is the largest international event in the metal construction industry. Unique in both its service and show management to this growing industry, METALCON is the only annual tradeshow and conference devoted entirely to the application of metal in industrial, institutional, light commercial and residential projects. Its success is based on three key methods of education: exhibits, an extensive conference program and interactive learning. For information, visit www.metalcon.com, or call (800) 537-7765.
METALCON is sponsored by The Metal Construction Association and produced by PSMJ Resources Inc.