RIMA-I Honors David Yarbrough With Alexander Schwartz Award
Olathe, KS - The Reflective Insulation Manufacturers Association International (RIMA-I) announces that the group's first Alexander Schwartz Award recipient is David W. Yarbrough. He was presented the award at the International Reflective Insulation Manufacturers (I-RIM) Conference, May 9-10 in Puntarenas, Costa Rica.
In November of 2016, RIMA-I established the Alexander Schwartz Award, to be presented only when a candidate meets the outlined criteria. In general, a recipient is someone who has motivated industry representatives, advanced the reflective products industry and RIMA-I, and contributed to the acceptance of reflective products in the overall marketplace.
Yarbrough is a Professor of Chemical Engineering, Emeritus (Tennessee Technological University) and a retired Research Staff Member of the Oak Ridge National Laboratory. He is a founding partner and Vice President of R&D Services Inc. and Principal Engineer of R&D Engineering LLC in Cookeville, TN. He holds a PhD in Chemical Engineering from Georgia Tech and is registered as an engineer (PE) in Tennessee and Florida. His accomplishments include:
• 38 years of university teaching and research
• 300-plus research papers, book chapters and presentations
• Research in building science and materials at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory
• Contributing leader of RIMA, ASTM, the International Vacuum Insulation Symposium, the International Thermal Conductivity Conferences, and past-president and Fellow of the Tennessee Academy of Science
• Recipient of the International Thermal Conductivity Award, an ASTM Award of Merit, McElroy Award and C16 Honors Award, a TTU Outstanding Faculty Award and a Sigma Xi Research Award.
To learn more about the award's namesake, Alexander Schwartz, and to identify someone who should be considered for this award, visithttps://www.rimainternational.org/news/alexander-schwartz-award/ or e-mail recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates can be an individual, company or organization.
RIMA-I represents reflective insulation, radiant barrier and interior radiation control coating (IRCC) manufacturers and other companies that are active within the industry. RIMA-I exists to educate the
marketplace on the benefits of reflective technologies and to represent member's interests in establishing ASTM standards for testing and installation procedures. For more information, visit www.rimainternational.org.