Firestone Building Products Issues 2017 Sustainability Report
Nashville, TN – Firestone Building Products Company, LLC (FSBP), a provider of roofing and building envelope solutions, released its 2017 Sustainability Report, which provides a comprehensive review of the company’s sustainable manufacturing and business processes. The report showcases the company’s commitment to providing sustainable solutions across the commercial roofing and building envelope industries and outlines how the FSBP product portfolio contributes to a more sustainable environment.
“Firestone Building Products is committed to sustainable products and business practices, and our annual sustainability report is a tangible example of our dedication to delivering a lasting, positive impact through our work,” said Taylor Cole, president, Firestone Building Products. “In conjunction with our parent company, Bridgestone Corporation, we are focused on our mission of Serving Society with Superior Quality by embracing our responsibilities as a leader in the roofing and building envelope solution industry.”
The sustainability report showcases the steps FSBP has taken to deliver a lasting, positive impact with programs and products that meet customers’ needs and expectations while ensuring a healthy environment and workforce for the future.
• Completed in 2017, the Bridgestone Tower headquarters building in Nashville includes FSBP products and is targeting LEED® Gold Certification.
• The FSBP DeForest, Wisconsin, plant implemented lean strategies through 2017 that improved operational efficiency in its shipping processes that resulted in reduced fuel consumption and reduced carbon dioxide emissions.
• Across the company, FSBP has implemented more than 40 energy efficiency projects that have resulted in 7 percent reduction of energy usage since 2012.
• The FSBP Prescott EPDM plant has diverted more than 12,700 tons of pre-consumer scrap material from the landfill to be reprocessed back into product from 2013 to 2017.
• Since 2012, FSBP has reduced total water use by 37 percent per tonne of product and has reduced total wastewater by 50 percent per tonne of product.
The global Sustainability Report also reaffirms the company’s corporate social responsibility (CSR) commitment, Our Way to Serve, which provides a framework for how all the businesses that comprise the Bridgestone Group conduct business, develop products and interact with customers and the communities they serve.
About Holcim Building Envelope Division
The Holcim Building Envelope produces a broad range of exterior building products, including the Elevate™ (formerly Firestone) lineup of metal roof and wall panel systems. To learn more, visit or www.holcimelevate.com.