Steel Deck Institute Reaccredited As An American National Standards Developer
Glenshaw, PA - After a recent audit of its standards development activities, the Steel Deck Institute (SDI) has been reaccredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) under its recently revised operating procedures for documenting consensus on SDI-sponsored American National Standards. The revised procedures replace the previous version, approved in February 2015. The SDI sought ANSI accreditation and was approved as a developer of American National Standards in 2003.
The SDI currently maintains 5 Standards that cover the design and installation of steel deck:
• ANSI/SDI C-2017 Standard for Composite Steel Floor Deck-Slabs
• ANSI/SDI NC-2017 Standard for Non-Composite Steel Floor Deck
• ANSI/SDI RD-2017 Standard for Steel Roof Deck
• ANSI/SDI QA/QC-2017 Standard for Quality Control and Quality Assurance for Installation of Steel Deck
• ANSI/SDI T-CD-2017 Test Standard for Composite Steel Deck-Slabs
SDI Standards have wide industry acceptance and are incorporated by reference in the ICC International Building Code and the NFPA Building Construction and Safety Code.
About The Steel Deck Institute
1939, the Steel Deck Institute has provided uniform industry standards for the engineering, design, manufacture, and field usage of steel floor and roof decks. Members of SDI are manufacturers of steel floor and roof decks. For more information, visit