Metal Building Manufacturers Association Releases Revised Insurance Bulletins
Cleveland, OH - The Metal Building Manufacturers Association (MBMA) has released a revised set of 10 insurance bulletins. MBMA’s insurance bulletins
provide building owners, designers and builders with important information on the different types of insurance companies and rating systems and how various hazards or conditions can impact insurance costs.
The bulletins are available for free download at https://www.mbma.com/Insurance.html.
“Understanding insurance is a vital piece of the building design and construction process,” said Tony Bouquot, MBMA general manager. “The more you understand hazards, and the tools provided by insurers and associations to address those
hazards, the more you can serve the greater needs of your clients. Part of being a trusted advisor is to not only design quality buildings, but to build in resiliency and opportunities to reduce client costs over time.”
MBMA’s series of insurance bulletins are relevant to those who seek to understand the impact of metal building design choices on the insurance premium an owner will be charged. The full series of MBMA insurance bulletins consists of the following:
• Property & Casualty Insurance Company Organizational Structures & Rating Practices
• Commercial Property Insurance Rating Methods
• The Impact of Location on Insurance Rates
• Public Protection Classifications
• Special Hazard Factors: Wind and Hail Considerations
• Special Hazard Factors: Earthquake Considerations
• The Effect of Occupancy on Insurance Rates
• The Effect of Building Contents on Insurance Rates
• The Impact of Wall Construction and Column Protection on Insurance Rates
• The Impact of Insulation and Interior Finishes on Fire Insurance Rates
In addition to the revised insurance bulletins, MBMA’s website has an array of other useful information about metal buildings and the metal building industry. There are many free resources available for download, and also additional manuals and
publications for purchase at www.mbmamanual.com.
About The Metal Building Manufacturers Association
Founded in 1956, MBMA serves manufacturers and suppliers as it works to promote the metal building systems industry. Its membership supplies high-quality buildings for
use in commercial, retail, office, industrial, institutional and other end-uses. The association provides a wealth of information on its website for anyone who works with or is interested in metal building systems. It includes technical materials
and design guides. For more information, visit www.mbma.com.