Wood's Powr-Grip® Makes Design Improvements To Hand-Held Vacuum Cups
Laurel, MT - Wood’s Powr-Grip® (WPG), a leader in vacuum lifting equipment used for handling of insulated metal panels and other materials, announces improvements to its Hand-Held Vacuum Cups.
WPG developed the first Hand-Held Vacuum Cups in the 1960’s and has gained the reputation of being the gold standard in glass, stone and metal materials handling. This has been achieved through the company's commitment to high standards for quality,
design and safety.
It was noted that the recent disruptions in global supply networks and related material cost increases have revealed a need to future-proof the Hand Cups that many people have come to trust and depend on. After conducting a new engineering analysis and
streamlining its manufacturing processes, WPG will be making some minor but meaningful updates to its best-selling Hand Cups.
• Aluminum plungers will replace brass plungers to help avoid disruptions in material supply.
• New vacuum pads provide superior grip, as well as easier attachment to lightly textured surfaces.
• Improved metal handles offer an updated coating for a more secure hand-hold.
What Hasn’t Changed?
• The Price: One goal of the refit project is to protect WPG customers against future price increases. It's expected that investment in manufacturing efficiencies will largely pay for themselves.
• Operation: The Hand Cups will operate in the same user-friendly, ergonomic way that users have become accustomed to.
• Design standards and commitment to quality: The new Hand Cups are designed with the same strict engineering standards and pass the same inspections as before. Each cup is individually tested before ever leaving WPG's facility.
• Replacement parts: Other than a new number for the vacuum pad, the replacement part SKU’s have not changed. Product instructions and WPG's website will provide the correct parts information.
A Commitment To Continuous Improvement
"We understand that changes to tried and trusted products may be unexpected," said an announcement from Wood's Powr-Grip®. "But we guarantee that the only changes you’ll notice are good ones ― the best being the future-proofing of the Hand Cups
you rely on to do jobs safely! The redesigned hand cups begin shipping in July. For more information, please contact your authorized dealer or WPG technical sales representative at email@example.com."
A short video demonstrating the Hand Cup product improvements can be viewed here.
About Wood's Powr-Grip
Wood's Powr-Grip Inc. designs, manufactures and distributes tools and equipment that improve efficiency, enhance
safety, and lower costs for the industries that it serves. The company offers a full line of hand-held vacuum cups, below-the-hook vacuum lifters and vacuum mounting cups that make material handling and equipment mounting easier. The products are
used to lift, hold and position a variety of smooth, nonporous materials such as insulated metal panels, glass, plastics, engine valves, sheet metal, solid surfacing, laminates, stone slabs and appliances. Powr-Grip products are individually tested
before being shipped from the production facility, in order to ensure quality and promote safety for the user.
Wood's Powr-Grip's headquarters are located in Laurel, MT, and its vacuum cups and equipment products are distributed internationally in nearly 50 countries through an extensive network of dealers and distributors. For more information, visit www.wpg.com.