The University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro is one of the most technologically-advanced, environmentally-friendly hospitals in the country. Every design decision for the $523 million, 636,000-square-foot building was based on the New Jersey facility’s ability to promote healing, patient comfort and safety. A variety of metal products from CENTRIA are featured on the hospital.
The building includes 237 patient rooms, 10 surgical suites, a full-service diagnostic lab, cardiac labs, a radiation oncology suite with linear accelerators and related support space. The emergency department now includes 28 patient rooms, doubling the size of the previous department to encompass comprehensive digital imaging and diagnostics. The emergency department also includes specialty areas to provide pediatric, behavioral health, cardiac cauterization and vascular laboratories.
CENTRIA’s Formawall Dimension Series, Profile Series Exposed Fastener panels and EcoScreen perforated screenwall were selected for the University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro because of their superior benefits in terms of aesthetics, performance, sustainability and value.
CENTRIA’s Formawall Dimension Series is one today’s most preferred wall systems because of its combination of performance, aesthetics and sustainability. Formawall Dimension Series is manufactured as one component. It provides both advanced thermal efficiency and moisture control in a single panelized component. The single component construction results in less jobsite waste, which helps make it a more environmentally-friendly option.
The Exposed Fasteners were chosen because of their flexibility and excellent negative wind load properties, making the panels an excellent option for new projects. Plus, with all-weather installation capability, installation time is shortened, permitting fast-track scheduling. Finally, the EcoScreen Perforated Screenwall product provides an airy aesthetic that helps control light, provide ventilation and blend portions of the building with the surroundings.
The architect was RMJM of New York, NY, with additional architectural services by HOK Architects of New York, NY. The contractor was Turner Construction of Somerset, NJ.
CENTRIA products that were used on this project included:
• Formawall® Dimension Series® 2'' Vertical - Square Feet: 20,496; Color: Champagne Gold; Finish: Smooth; Coating: Sundance™ Mica; Gauge: 22/26
• Formawall Dimension Series DS60 2” Horizontal - Square feet 7,114; Color: Champagne Gold; Finish: Smooth; Coating: Sundance Mica; Gauge: 22/26
• Formawall Dimension Series 2'' Horizontal - Square Footage: 18,339; Color: Champagne Gold; Finish: Smooth; Coating: Sundance Mica; Gauge 22/26
• Profile Series Exposed Fastener Panels Econolap 3/4'' - Square Feet: 13,550; Color: Champagne Gold; Finish: Smooth; Coating: Sundance Mica
• EcoScreen® Perforated Screenwall - Square feet: 24,749; Color: Champagne Gold