AISI Cold-Formed Steel Standards Offered As Free Downloads
Washington, DC - The American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) announced that its S200-series (cold-formed steel framing), S300-series (profiled steel diaphragm) and S900-series (test) standards are now available for downloading free of charge at a new website location, www.aisistandards.org.
“We wanted to make these standards readily available and free of charge to architects, engineers, code officials and others who need them, with a website address that is easy to remember,” said Jay Larson, P.E., F.ASCE, managing director of AISI’s Construction Technical Program. “The printed versions of these standards, as well as the electronic and printed versions of AISI S100-12: North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members, are still available for purchase at AISI’s Online Store, https://shop.steel.org/. By making our standards accessible in both formats, we are increasing their availability to construction professionals worldwide.”
The free downloads include these documents:
• AISI 2012 S200-Series Framing Standards Bundle – The bundle includes 10 documents.
• AISI S200-12: North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing – General Provisions, 2012 Edition
• AISI S201-12: North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing – Product Data, 2012 Edition
• AISI S202-11: Code of Standard Practice for Cold-Formed Steel Structural Framing, 2011 Edition
• AISI S210-07 (2012): North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing – Floor and Roof System Design, 2007 Edition (Reaffirmed 2012)
• AISI S211-07 w/ S1-12 (2012): North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing - Wall Stud Design, 2007 Edition With Supplement 1 (Reaffirmed 2012)
• AISI S212-07 (2012): North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing – Header Design, 2007 Edition (Reaffirmed 2012)
• AISI S213-07 w/ S1-09 (2012): North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing – Lateral Design, 2007 Edition With Supplement 1 (Reaffirmed 2012)
• AISI S214-12: North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing – Truss Design, 2012 Edition
• AISI S220-11 - North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing – Nonstructural Members, 2011 Edition
• AISI S230-07 w/S3-12 (2012) - North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing - Prescriptive Method for One and Two Family Dwellings, 2007 Edition With Supplement 3 (Reaffirmed 2012)
• AISI S310-13: Standard for the Design of Profiled Steel Diaphragm Panels, 2013 Edition
• AISI S900-Series Test Standards – Includes 14 test standards.
www.aisistandards.org also provides access to Technical Notes, reports, manuals and information about webinars offered by the Cold-Formed Steel Engineers Institute (CFSEI).
AISI’s codes and standards work is conducted under the Construction Market Council of the Steel Market Development Institute (SMDI), a business unit of AISI, which oversees the industry’s investment in advancing the competitive use of steel by meeting the demands of the marketplace. For more information on SMDI’s Construction Market program, visit www.smdisteel.org.
About The American Iron And Steel Institute
AISI serves as the voice of the North American steel industry in the public policy arena and advances the case for
steel in the marketplace as the preferred material of choice. AISI also plays a lead role in the development and application of new steels and steelmaking technology. AISI is comprised of integrated and electric furnace
steelmakers, and associate members who are suppliers to or customers of the steel industry. For more information, visit www.steel.org.