Cold-Formed Steel Framing Expo Planned By CFSEI And MASFA, May 23-24 In Annapolis, MD
Washington, DC - The Cold-Formed Steel Engineers Institute (CFSEI) and Mid-Atlantic Steel Framing Alliance (MASFA) will host the 2016 CFSEI and MASFA Annual Expo on May 23-24, 2016 at the Historic Inns of Annapolis in Annapolis, Maryland. This joint event is designed for architects, builders/contractors and engineers, with an educational program geared toward both skilled cold-formed steel (CFS) framing professionals as well as newcomers.
The event will provide opportunities for education and networking as well as an exposition featuring state-of-the-art innovations, technologies and principles in cold-formed steel framing. The two-day conference is described as the only one of its kind dedicated to the cold-formed steel framing industry.
This year, the Expo includes a special Contractors Day on Monday, May 23, offering a contractors hands-on competition and dinner cruise on the Chesapeake Bay. The Expo includes 15 Continuing Education Sessions and a trade show featuring the latest technologies in cold-formed steel framing. The technical sessions include:
• “Antiterrorism Design Requirements for Cold-Formed Steel Framing” - Nabil Rahman, Ph.D., P.E., The Steel Network
• “Inspecting Cold-Formed Steel Framing - Not Just Left Up for Interpretation Anymore” - Jeffrey Klaiman, ADTEK Engineers Inc.
• “Cold-Formed Steel Floor Trusses - How to Properly Utilize in Your Next CFS-Framed Project” - Bill Babich, P.E., TrusSteel
• “Devil in the Details: Learning From Mid-Rise Successes and Failures” - Don Allen, P.E., Super Stud Building Products Inc.
• “Design Efforts in Cold-Formed Steel Seismic Design” - Benjamin Schafer, Ph.D., P.E., The Johns Hopkins University
• “Photovoltaic Systems on Metal Roofs” - Vincent Sagan, P.E., Metal Building Manufacturers Association
• and many more.
The Cold-Formed Steel Design Forum returns to the agenda this year. Moderated by Roger A. LaBoube, Ph.D., the forum provides an opportunity for attendees to engage in discussion with a panel of experts who are in the trenches of cold-formed steel design.
The winners of the 2016 CFSEI Design and Distinguished Service Awards will be announced during the Expo. The award categories feature projects, products and software, and distinguished service.
As a special promotion, the first 10 full-conference registrants will receive a complimentary copy of just-published AISI D110-16, Cold-Formed Steel Framing Design Guide, 2016 Edition. Details are available on the CFSEI website registration page.
CFSEI and MASFA Expo Sponsorship opportunities are available.
A special conference rate for hotel reservations at the Historic Inns of Annapolis is available through April 22, 2016. Early registration and hotel room reservations are encouraged.
About The Cold-Formed Steel Engineers Institute
The Cold-Formed Steel Engineers Institute comprises hundreds of structural engineers and other design professionals who are finding a better way to produce safe and efficient designs for commercial and residential structures with cold-formed steel. CFSEI members work together to develop and evolve industry standards and design methods, produce and issue technical bulletins, and provide seminars and online training to improve the knowledge and skills base of engineers and design professionals. For more information, visit www.cfsei.org.