Butler Manufacturing™ Unveils Electronic Building Erection Drawing System
Kansas City, MO - Butler Manufacturing™ introduces its electronic building erection drawing system. The new digital drawing system is designed to allow a Butler Builder® to quickly and easily access project details for better communication and collaboration with workers and subcontractors.
Butler’s electronic erection drawing system allows users to:
• Toggle or scroll through drawings without juggling papers
• Click highlighted text within the drawing for further detail, then navigate back to the starting point
• View parts and assembly details with one click
• Zoom in on selected areas for easier readability
• Bookmark frequently used sections for quick reference
• Make immediate plan changes or updates without waiting for a new set of printed drawings
• Archive drawings digitally to save space over paper storage
“Our new system eliminates on-site guesswork and helps minimize errors,” said Joel Burke, manager, Custom Solutions at Butler Manufacturing. “We’ve received great feedback from construction managers who expect this tool to help them improve productivity and efficiency.”
Butler now provides electronic erection drawings as a default option, although builders may still order printed sets if they prefer. The electronic erection drawing system works on desktops, tablets and smartphones, across both Mac® and Windows® technologies.
Kenny Brant, construction manager for Septagon Construction Company, a Butler Builder based in Grimes, Iowa, recently used the electronic erection drawing system on an automotive shop project. As one of the first users of the system, Brant was excited to see how it would work. “The system allows us to be more productive, with quicker and easier access to drawings. Multiple people can access drawings at the same time and we can find details within the drawing more quickly,” Brant said.
About Butler Manufacturing
Butler Manufacturing™, a division of BlueScope Buildings North America, offers metal building systems. For more information, visit https://butlermfg.com.